The Power of a few should not outweigh the right to Due Process
Montgomery County Council
Council Office Building
100 Maryland Avenue, 5th Floor
Rockville, MD 20850
What you should know:
• We are proposing a boutique Country Inn to be built on the front 3 acres of our 7 acre heavily wooded parcel. Literally 3 1/2 football fields of woods away from our neighbors. Those neighbors will have a very limited if any view from where they live.
• Our entire building foot print will be approximately 8700 sq. ft. This will include 1600 sq. ft dedicated to 4 over night suites of approximately 400 sq.ft. each; 2,300 sq.ft. will be dedicated to kitchen, storage, office hallways and bathrooms. The main room dedicated to private events, private dining and celebrations will be approximately 4,800 sq. ft. with a capacity of only 160 guests.
• Our 4800 sq.ft main room could fit into our neighbor and opponent Mike Day's garage of his 20,000 +/- sq.ft on 4 acres . In fact our entire building is about a 1/3 +/- the size of his home next door and is situated on a 7 acre parcel.
• The entire building will be enclosed and essentially sound proof. Designed to look and feel like Old Angler's and be innocuous to the community.
• The topography of the land allows for tree and bush canopy that will essentially hide most of the Inn and its parking from view along the MacArthur Blvd access.
• 3 years of time and nearly a quarter of a million dollars in expense have gone into first researching then applying for a legally, rational and appropriate conditional use known as a Country Inn conditional use.
• Multiple public hearings, meetings and deliberation have already taken place to address issues raised and to make sure we were in compliance with all regulations.
• Accommodations willingly made, at great expense changing size, scope, design to mitigate any and all community and planning concerns
• Receiving a long awaited MNCPPC staff recommendation of approval for our proposed Inn.
• Obtaining a final hearing date for this September that now has been put on hold until this ZTA is decided.
The Opposition's False Narrative
• Dissemination of false information as to what we are proposing including:
• A false and entirely misleading video and written material designed to scare our neighbors into supporting this ZTA.
Please visit www.brickyardcoalition.org.
• We are abusing the code in order to build a HOOTERS
• We are proposing a 9,000 sq. ft restaurant for 300 guests
• We are building a 95 car parking lot.
• We will destroy the environment and tear down large swaths of trees